It is the goal of a syllabus to ensure an international consistent teaching and testing. It consists of the following parts:
- General learning objectives, describing the overall intention of the certification
- The learning content, a description and their references
- Usability-related learning objectives describing cognitive results of the training and the desired level of knowledge
- A catalogue of usability-related definitions, which are understood and can be reflected by the learner
- The specification of the most important concepts, sources and acknowledged specialist literature, standards and laws
By no means is the syllabus a complete treatment of the subject area usability. It just reflects the according range and detail needed to fulfill the goals of the according IBUQ certification level.